The Royal Historical Society:
- REPRESENTS history as a discipline and historians as a group.
- PROMOTES the vitality of historical scholarship through support for research and publication.
- ADVOCATES best practice in history teaching in universities and schools.
- PROVIDES a forum for all historians to meet and exchange ideas.
- SUPPORTS and encourages early career historians.
- ENCOURAGES, facilitates and supports work towards greater equality, inclusion and representation in historical practice, research and teaching.
As part of this process we encourage historians to join our scholarly community and welcome applications for election to the Society's Fellowship, Membership and Early Career Membership.
We furthermore encourage applications from postgraduate research students and Early Career Researchers for funding to support historical research.